I’ve been taking Doctor C’s behavioral health branding message nationwide for the past year. This fall’s final show Moments of Change: Innovations in Integrated Treatment Conference, in Palm Beach Florida. We had a booth, me and Doctor C, and some great incentives.
Our incentives were a bit different at this conference — Brand Therapy Sessions. These were quick, one-on-one brand reviews for anyone who wanted. Everyone who did was entered in a drawing for a $100 Amazon gift card.
In three days at the conference, we had four wonderful people participate in these therapy sessions:
- A Clinical Neuropsychologist
- An Outreach Coordinator
- A Counselor in an individual and couples counseling practice
- A Public Relations & Communications Director for a mental health center (we only made it 1/2 way through the session)
I met great, passionate, smart people, as always. But I had hoped more would take advantage of the free counsel. It left me wondering, do people really understand the importance, the impact, of healthy branding?
What is Healthy Branding?
Healthy branding is essential for these organizations to remain successful, and to stay healthy for the long term. What does that mean?
- Clear Differentiation & Strong Positioning – Put a stake in the ground, own what makes your organization unique, different, or better for the industry
- A Meaningful Logo – Matching your inside culture to your outside perception
- Targeted Messaging – Your top-level message, tagline, or positioning statement that paints a picture
- Consistency in Communication
- Understanding and Buy-in from Clients, Staff, Stakeholders and the Community
What Does Healthy Branding Mean for an Organization?
- Full Understanding of the Mission
- Everyone Moving in the Same Direction
- Clearly Defined Goals
- Elevated Awareness in the Community
- Sustained Growth and Success
Next season, I’ll be doing workshops and webinars to help people understand the importance and the results of healthy branding. I’ve seen it work and, believe me, it works to everyone’s benefit.
What organizations were concerned with at this conference was connecting with each other. This show is different than other shows. Organizations share ideas, learning, information, and try to get to know each other better. That’s what I will do even more of next season as Doctor C and I travel to meet the dedicated people who work in this evolving industry that helps so many. We’d like to help them help even more, through steady doses of healthy branding.