At dRC our goals are to help you to look right, be a healthy brand and own your position.
Over the years we have found that the timeless branding solutions we create, the ones our clients love, come when we clearly identify a client’s position in the market. Not only through their own eyes, but through their customers’ eyes. What problem are they solving better than anyone else on the planet?
So we ask and dig:
- What is the number one thing that makes them different?
- What do they stand for?
- Does the inside reality of the organization match the outside perception?
- Do they have a mission, vision and values statement?
Positioning is the process of defining (or creating) differentiation – putting a stake in the ground for what you stand for at the core of your organization. Branding is the “identity” built through images-as-symbols and messaging to convey that positioning to a target market.
Essentially, positioning is how your organization exploits its competitive advantage. Branding is how you visually communicate that difference. If you are positioned correctly then your brand is believable, understandable, unique, compelling, attainable, consistent and timeless.
Here are the must-have questions I ask every every executive team I work with:
- Is your positioning clear inside and outside your organization?
- Does your brand support and convey that positioning?
- Is your “look” (your brand) helping or hindering your business development?
I’m looking forward to hearing your positions on positioning.